The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday January 1, 2013 at 13:52
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
Like i said I already charge a percentage and also have a "hardware" line on the invoice.

I agree that writing this down for every peice we pull is stupid and a time waster. Thats why i though if there was some type of "mobile" barcode scanner thats easily reached we can scan them in/out.

Recently i was on a jobsite and had a plumber come in, after the job was completed he sat in his van for 20 minutes writing an invoice for each and every part, the client was billed for 25 pex rings, 12 connectors and per foot for pex. The plumber even billed him for the additional pex ring that he messed up on. Client didnt think twice and scheduled to have an outdoor spigot installed in the spring.

How are we ever going to be viewed as a true industry if we just keep giving away parts and our time. Most of us run our AV businesses as a hobby, we need to start running them like a business. Another reason why im bringing this up is because my accountant doesnt like the padding/hardware and was wondering what i can do to stream line this.

Like i said i am pretty good at nailing the parts but there are times when you just go and reach for something out of your parts bin and give it to them, maybe its not economical to charge per little connector even if you could scan the bar code, but larger things like mud rings, pass through's and things of that nature just seem to disappear from the bottom line. Im just a one and a half man shop but im growing and do not even want to think about it as you grow the number of employees the problem starts to become exponential

IDK it was just a thought
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse