The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday January 1, 2013 at 13:20
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
Im totally gutting my van and sorting though stuff getting ready to get all my systainers in. In doing so Im sorting through all my little mics. parts that dont seem like much but its the type of parts that we just "give to clients" and substantially add up over the year

Im usually pretty good about charging for anchors, but there are times when ive used 8 instead of the 6 I billed for. Or some BNC-RG59's etc or low voltage rings etc. I always build in "fluff" in the proposals but i know there has been times when ive exceded that, I think we all do.

Im sick of giving things away, i want to know how many parts i have at any one time and as we pull them off the van we scan them and charge the client accordingly. As i was sorting through all my small parts I cringed to think how many times I just "gave" the client something.

I know there are some of you that feel that padding the proposal to account for this stuff is OK, and others may feel like if we charge per part we are knickel and dimming our customers but the reality is we are "giving money away" and we are NOT A CHARITY.

Any help and thoughts on this idea is greatly appreciated!
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse