The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday November 28, 2012 at 18:41
dtc
Long Time Member
March 2004
On November 28, 2012 at 16:51, Lowhz said...
There is no way to change that behavior. When you "Create and Name Devices" you are creating a data object within the program of class device and the members of the class are the IR codes which are then mapped to the button of the device. When you create aliases in your macros you are creating data pointers to those members within the object. The macro then dereferences that pointer address it reads the IR code stored there.

If you change the button after you've created the macro, the macro will still dereference that same pointer address which is now reinitialized and [null].

Like kgossen said, move your buttons then write your macros. This behavior didn't change from the previous editors either. They had the same object oriented programming structure.

Thanks. That is what I suspected was happening.

On my old 850 when I create a macro by learning a sequence, each command in the macro is referenced by Device and Function. If I move the elements on a device, the Function in the macro does not change. So, I do think CCP is different. That is what tripped me up.

Seems to me that the best way to do this is to not use recorded sequences for any IR codes, but rather to get them all from the database as needed. That avoids any potential problem if there is a reason to move the codes in a device after the fact. The only problem with that I need to be sure never to move codes that are not in the database, like specific hex codes that I enter.

Thanks for your explanation.

Hosting Services by ipHouse