Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday August 22, 2012 at 19:10
davet2020
February 2005
On August 21, 2012 at 17:37, ichbinbose said...
First, good for you. How these idiots still run this scam is amazing.

your response should have been to the guy in the van - Sir, you are either a lier or a thief, hmm perhaps both. Which is it?
to the victim - if its stolen merchandise as he is claiming, than you are committing a crime as well.

then you should simply call the police in front of them and report them both while giving a description of them and their license plate numbers.

When I went up to the white van guys(there was two of them) my intention was to warn the guy that was being scammed. I am a 6'1" guy and don't back down when pushed but my intention was to warn the guy not to get into a fight with two guys when their scam was exposed.

It would not have done any good to call the cops because we all know that this stuff is not "stolen" it is just crap that they are saying is high priced gear. As far as I know this is not illegal and no laws are being broken. I am sure the cops have little sympathy for the person scammed who claims that the stuff that they thought was "stolen" was actually crap.

Like I said in my original post that I really think that the guy was being scammed was still going to buy the stuff. I could see in his eyes that he thought that this stuff was too good to pass up.

Dave T.
If you are going to do the job...why not do it the right way?
www.fairfaxavi.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse