The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday July 7, 2012 at 19:53
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
Here are some issues I've come across over the past year - none of them have been resolved with any updates to CCP (current as of this past week).

I'm using the MX-980 with an MSC-400

------

Plain IR out of the MX-980:

IR Settings -> Repeat While Pressed -> Minimum Repeat When Pressed doesn't work. On a quick tap of the button, the repeat is always the same, though it varies between different protocols.

RC5 seems to always repeat 3 times. NEC always seems to repeat 5 times (the NEC one-time plus 4 dittos).

The TEST button in CCP works, but for some protocols it still repeats an incorrect number of times. For RC5 setting repeat to 1 seems to be correct, but for NEC it always repeats +1 times. Setting 1 send 2 repeats, 3 sends 4, etc.

If the "repeats" setting actually represents a count on top of the initial one-time part of the code, then it should allow a setting of 0.

-------

Setting the repeat on a SERIAL command in a Smart Macro on the MSC-400 will not repeat the correct number of times when triggered from the MX-980. It works when tested from CCP with PC connected directly to the MSC-400. Setting repeat of 1 will repeat 2 times. Adjusting the delay (ramp start) makes no difference except changing the amount of time between the two commands.

-------

MSC-400 seems to be badly grounded/shielded. Sending IR to any port produces noise on a serial cable connected to any of the serial ports. This can be heard on the pre-amp connected to the other end of that serial cable.

-------

Setting an activity on the MX-980 to send IR+RF will cause the remote to send bogus Pioneer protocol IR codes (it's consistent and valid Pioneer, not noise) when you press buttons that should be sending only RF (Smart Macro on the MSC-400 for example). This will cause potential failures in the smart macro because that bogus IR may interfere with IR being send/blasted from the MSC-400.

--------

Sending an RF command from the MX-980 shows trace RF interference for a few seconds after the command should have ended. This can be seen by a residual flicker of the RF LED on receivers connected to the MSC-400

---------

RF from the MX-980 to MSC-400 is slow. Sending IR data over RF introduces far too much lag to be usable in many circumstances. Not usable for transport controls or menu navigation on my SageTV PVR for instance (uses RC5 codes).

Trying to do individual commands on smart macros on the MSC-400 is still far too laggy when triggering from the MX-980 in this circumstance - it might work for other devices where timing isn't as easily perceived.

----------

The CCP RF settings for MX-980 don't allow addressing ports 7-12 of the MSC-400. Only ALL and 1-6 are available. Plus something called "blaster 1" which is undocumented as far as I can tell.

----------
I'm still looking at a few things and will update later.

Last edited by TwistedMelon on July 7, 2012 20:02.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse