The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Friday February 10, 2012 at 21:24
AMX_Programmer
Lurking Member
February 2012
Longwinded message here, but I too am trying to control a Sony Blu-ray player over IP (mine is the Sony BDP-S780 model) but was having no luck whatsoever using the RS232-style IP command set that apparently works for the Sony BDP-CX7000ES Blu-ray Player. I have no problem using a very similar set of RS232-style commands over IP to control a similar Sony Receiver via its ethernet port, so I'm fairly convinced that the Sony BDP-S780 series just was not built to respond to the same command set.

BUT, since the Sony MediaRemote iPhone app successfully controls the BDP-S780 over IP, it was clear that there does exist another command set to control the BDP-S780 via its ethernet port. So, it was time to fire up Wireshark to once and for all fully flesh out how that app is sending commands to the BDP-S780.

After reviewing the results, indeed the BDP-S780 does respond to a UPnP control point as others have already pointed out. Unfortunately I don't yet know how to send these commands to the device inside of an AMX application. Anyone have code to do POSTS and GET commands from within a NetLinx application?

In the mean time, in case it helps others to send UPnP commands to a Sony Blu-ray player over IP, I am trying to upload a document containing what I believe is the command set which each must be imbedded in an xml file. Plus I've included actual example of various POST/GET commands that are used to do things like register a control point, send control commands, and request status updates from the Blu-ray player using TCP/IP. I will also post the contents of that file next in case the uploaded document does not get posted.

It appears that the ports involved on this model of the Blu-ray are Port 50002 for registration commands and status request commands, and port 52323 for control type commands.

Any help or insight on how to proceed to actually send these commands from my own app will be most appreciated!

Hosting Services by ipHouse