Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday January 29, 2012 at 11:42
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Lyndel,
I "replaced" the screen in that I "re" "placed" the same screen that I took out.

The screen had been totally unresponsive. I opened up the remote. Out of the case, it worked. I cleaned the screen with a bit of moisture on a soft soft paper towel, and cleaned behind and around the bezel, and it still worked. I put it together. It still worked. I flashed the firmware. The remote goes through the process of asking for calibration touches in three, yes three, corners; it then says calibration did not work, try again. Repeatedly.

There were other details about what screens came up when that I put in the first post, in case these matters. One thing I did not mention is that two things cause the startup Marantz logo to come up:
disconnecting and reconnecting the battery
hitting the reset button in the back of the remote

I'm not sure that logo came up after flashing the firmware, because it happens rather quickly and I just didn't think to look.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse