The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday September 25, 2011 at 03:33
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
I'm controlling the 7000ES via a Pronto Professional TSU9600 remote in conjunction with a RFX9600 extender. That being said, I actually had to increase the wait time between repeats as seen here from 100ms to 200ms due to the cursor commands repeating too quickly. On a short button press the cursor commands would repeat once taking me two spots in a given direction. At 200ms it's pretty much perfect. On a short button press I'm taken one spot in a given direction at a time. On an extended button press the given cursor command repeats just as one would expect. Within the Blu-ray menus the cursor commands repeat much faster than the IR codes. I did notice however, that the cursor commands repeat very slowly when using the XMB for some reason. If you were using the XMB to browse and select a given disc to be played I'd recommend you stick with IR control, it's that slow. Should be a non-issue for most however, as the main reason most purchase the 7000ES is so that they can employ their own solution for browsing and queueing up a given disc versus using Sony's XMB and everything that entails. That's why I purchased the 7000ES. I powered on the changer for the first time, enabled RS-232 control, disabled Gracenote access, adjusted the player settings and haven't returned to the XMB since.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 10:21.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse