Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Tuesday May 10, 2011 at 18:27
jtreibick
Long Time Member
May 2007
@JoeFlabitz
ARE YOU A URC TROLL?

I like how you ended your comment by insinuating that this somehow MY fault. I treat the remote with respect, just like I treat all my electronics. I don't have kids. That connector just plain sucks. This is because of its design. How do I know this? I have owned numerous electronics over the years that I have charged just as often (1-2 times a week). Their connectors did not break.

Why do you assume so many URC users are abusing their remotes? WE aren't the problem. URC is. If URC made cell phones with these kind of connectors they would be out of business.

Also, why I should be grateful to be INSULTED in perfect English by unhelpful URC service reps?

You give a long list of excuses, but the fact remains that I have spent WELL over $1000 on two URC remotes and programming over the past 5 years. All of that for the 'luxury' of being able to turn on my television system easily. How can I justify this huge cost when the remotes keep breaking?

I really don't care WHY URCs fail so often, but if they are tested, then they aren't tested well enough.

These problems I and others have experienced aren't defects... they are DESIGN FLAWS. My experience tells me that good companies cover products out of warranty that have obvious flaws.

I have had some remotes for over 15 years that I use often and still work fine.

Hosting Services by ipHouse