The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday September 25, 2010 at 12:33
iam-940
Founding Member
February 2002
On September 24, 2010 at 08:40, BluPhenix said...
Let's not forget that consumers too (sometimes mostly) built this awesome knowledge base that is the Pronto professional area of RC.

And when I was presented with the pronto product line, the distributor told me that there existed an internet community for pronto's and it was very strong. Because let's say it how it is, Philips per se provides far too little knowledge on it's product line, to make it a closed one.

I expect I'll get flamed here for not being an installer etc (I'm an enthusiast who loves my pronto - it's been a tool and a nice little hobby), but I've got a Pronto 9400 from an authorised seller. I don't hassle any real pros (or Philips - apart from maybe mini rants like this on here) or take customers from anyone and come to this site to play with stuff. The features at present let me do what I need to, but it would be nice to experiment with the new stuff.
I just hope I'll have access to future developments and not be locked out. I love having full control of exactly how the device works rather than have to deal with the Logitech wizard junk. I've been happy to support Philips so far.

Wonder if this means I'll have to cross my fingers for someone to make an open source/android solution (maybe even an iphone solution, though lack of hard buttons and ability to edit on computer kills most of these things).

Hosting Services by ipHouse