The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday September 19, 2010 at 17:48
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On September 19, 2010 at 16:36, BluPhenix said...
Kudos to Lyndel and the other beta testers, you enforce a NDA the way it should be done.

Thank you.

FYI, NDA is a very fine line to walk.

I sometimes know things that would be very beneficial and have to wait or convince Philips that information should be released as without documentation, things could be perceived as problems rather than working as designed.

For instance, the knowledge about hardware limitations in RFX9600 with a shared UART (search for UART) on ports 3 and 4. I found this out by contacting Belgium for another issue.

For this second issue, I discovered there was no way to keep from clearing the serial buffer during a send. If you want to send data to any port, you should really do a receive first then send, especially if there is the possibility of async data sitting in the buffer. However, there is still a race condition as data could be received after you've cleared the receive buffer but prior to send. In this case, said data would be lost. I'm hoping this behavior is corrected in the new controller.

However, for those who might be wondering, I have received no details about said controller or a beta version of said hardware.

;-)
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse