The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday June 23, 2010 at 21:53
m1964
Long Time Member
February 2008
On October 27, 2009 at 22:52, Bret19 said...
Maybe you will upgrade my remote for free and do the initial programming for free? And I am sure you will also do any future programming changes for free?

I do not consider the 980 an "upgrade". It is way more expensive (with programming), it is uglier, and I dislike the layout of the hard buttons much more than the 810. I only need to program one 810 for a simple 1 room theater, not program many to make my living. It is perfect when it is actually able to charge the battery.

I apologize for my rant, but as a consumer (end user) some of these posts are very discouraging, unprofessional, and almost makes me want to abandon this web site. It is a public forum, and custom installers should remember that you are selling yourself and the industry as a whole.

I was just trying to find out if there is a quality issue with the MX-810. The main reason I purchased the 810 over a Harmony was strictly a quality issue. It is quite obvious the 810 is much better made than a Harmony One.

The response I received from a supposed industry professional is that I purchased a junky remote and I do not know what I am doing (my interpretation).

there is definite quality problem here w/ MX-810 I just had second remote sent back to URC- first one had broken pin after 3 months of use, was replaced by URC under warranty, but the second one broke again now after 2 years.

URC gives "discounted price" to replace MX-810 -for $175.00 they will send you a new one, after you send them your broken MX-810.

It should be $5.00 fix for URC to replace broken component in my remote, plus $10-15 for handling/whatever, not $175.00

We had had multiple cell phones, never had problems with any of them, however this big charging port on MX-810 breaks...

very, very frustrating ...

I wish I had checked here before paying URC $175.00 for replacement remote, should have bought a battery charger, and would be done...

Hosting Services by ipHouse