Philips Pronto Professional Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
Adding a second RFX9400
This thread has 1 response. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 10, 2018 at 05:51
jimbobhaslam
Long Time Member
January 2007
I've recently upgraded to a pair of pronto pro 9400 remotes. I've stuck with PEP 1.1 as it's familiar to me and continued using the RFX9400 extender in a similar manner to the way I used extenders with my older Pronto remotes (connected directly to the remote in ad-hoc mode, no network or internet connectivity)

I've just bought a 3rd remote and a second RFX9400 extender on eBay. Can I continue to use an ad-hoc connection or do I need switch to using them connected to the network.
2 Pronto RU950 (UK version of TSU3000) and a Li 910 RF extender
Post 2 made on Tuesday July 10, 2018 at 15:03
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Yes you can! You put both extenders on the same channel (1-3) so that they share the same adhoc network. Then, you assign different unique extender id for each extenders (0-F) so that the Prontos can address extenders individually.

Note that PEP2.4 support adhoc (standalone) mode just like the PEP1 versions did. The only difference is migration to use MyDatabase which Peter Dewildt put up a sticky post on how to do this years ago.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse