Posted by Daniel Tonks on April 3, 2003 at 1:00 AM
Already own a Philips iPronto TSi6400, or perhaps thinking of getting one once the next upgrade comes out? Then you’ll be pleased to hear that Philips has released a big firmware update to this deluxe remote control and web browser/program guide.
The new firmware version 1.3.2 (downloadable via the iPronto’s automatic “Upgrade” option) includes the following new features:
- Increased battery life with 5 days of standby time.
- Reduced start-up time.
- Animated start-up sequence.
- Keyboard enhancements: new layout with shift/caps/special mode indication and increased repetition speed.
- Remote control long device list navigation with up/down buttons.
- EPG channel icons for top 80% nationally popular channels.
- Can now remove the toolbar for a full-screen browser view.
- Keyboard responsiveness improved.
- Browser back/forward functionality and history corrected.
- Power mode problems when going to sleep solved (including the unit turning on when the power cable is plugged or unplugged or, in my case, the unit not turning off at all whenever plugged in).
- EPG automatic download mechanism refined.
- Overall improved stability and robustness.
As a side note, users may currently find that the EPG is one hour off or that there is a one hour difference between what the iPronto’s clock reads and what the EPG’s clock shows. This is apparently due to the Daylight Savings Time switch coming on Sunday. After Sunday, the clocks will again match.
Finally, a new version of iProntoEdit should be out later this month.
[ Talk with others about the iPronto! ]
Blazing fast touch screen controls offer better pricing, Sonos integration, backlit buttons, and much more!
Updated design remains compatible with MX-980 files & graphics.