Discrete Code Hunter Forum - View Post
Previous section Next section Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Topic:
HOME button on Apple TV 4K
This thread has 3 replies. Displaying all posts.
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 16:45
bclxj
December 2017
Apple TV 4K offers a "Home button" on its default remote control. Yet when programming a universal remote via Apple's menu system, no home button is created on the universal remote.

Is there any way to create this home button on an URC MX-350?

Home button allows user to skip pressing "exit" a dozen times to get back to the home screen and instead allows the user to press one button and be taken to the main home screen.
Post 2 made on Thursday July 19, 2018 at 08:47
Duct Tape
November 2008
i'm not sure on an mx350, but on URC remotes compatible with CCP, you can go in and crank up the repeat rate of the menu IR code.  this simulates a press and hold of the menu button on the AppleTV remote, which takes you to the home menu.

if you can't adjust that repeat setting on the mx350, just try pressing and holding the menu button to go back home. 
[Link: facebook.com]
OP | Post 3 made on Thursday July 19, 2018 at 12:52
bclxj
December 2017
On July 19, 2018 at 08:47, Duct Tape said...
i'm not sure on an mx350, but on URC remotes compatible with CCP, you can go in and crank up the repeat rate of the menu IR code. this simulates a press and hold of the menu button on the AppleTV remote, which takes you to the home menu.

if you can't adjust that repeat setting on the mx350, just try pressing and holding the menu button to go back home.

Pressing and holding the existing menu button on the MX-350 did not work.

However, I ran the Apple remote setup process on a 2nd universal remote and than set the MX-350 into learn mode assigning it a new button called HOME. On the 2nd universal remote I "pressed-and-held" the menu button while teaching it to the MX-350 (that is, instead of just pressing "menu" I pressed-and-held "menu" while learning).

This worked! The MX-350 now has a Home button.

Thanks so much for your post, Duct Tape.
Post 4 made on Saturday December 1, 2018 at 11:52
LeticiaSylva
December 2018
I think this feature which is very useful. As we can access the home button of the tv easily.i have read an article in myassignmenthelp review writing services stating "The Apple always gives us different features and updates to access the devices easily".Keep posting the updated articles.

Jump to

Protected Feature Before you can reply to a message...
You must first register for a Remote Central user account - it's fast and free! Or, if you already have an account, please login now.

Please read the following: Unsolicited commercial advertisements are absolutely not permitted on this forum. Other private buy & sell messages should be posted to our Marketplace. For information on how to advertise your service or product click here. Remote Central reserves the right to remove or modify any post that is deemed inappropriate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse