Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday March 22, 2010 at 22:38
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
On March 21, 2010 at 04:49, davenport said...
I'd like to add that I have also looked into the Prodigy system and it cannot compare to any RTI system with an XP-8. I understand that the XP-8 is more than what is being discussed above but I appreciate the added features.

As others have said. An XP-8 has the same MSRP as a full series 2 Crestron processor which can run circles around the XP8. The PMC2 Prodigy processor can run circles around every other RTI processor. I think the PRodigy system as a whole can be on par with and in some ways outshine a medium sized XP8 System.

* The touchscreen control costs less than an RK3
* Touchscreen remote and Processor $700 less than the XP8 alone
* 2-way Ipod dock with Video (zero control ports)
* Remote access
* Xpanel
* Iphone/touch control
* inexpensive DA option
* Inexpensive Tstat control
* easy to add lighting
* completely open architecture

On March 20, 2010 at 20:56, TSUMTJ said...
I didn't realize they were discontinuing the PLX-2 but I am glad they are. I have seen the PTX3 remote and have been excited about it as I thought it would be our replacement for the T2-C which is by far our best selling remote.

We are probably going to recommend the T1-B as our entry level control product with the Prodigy package as the step up package.

This continues one from what I was saying above. Where the Prodigy system will really shine is a small system with at least 3-4 zones of DA. Sure $1k may be too much for a remote and processor for some projects, but compare RTI + DA of your choice TO Prodigy with DA.

For example. T1-B with RP1 and a NO FEEDBACK Niles ZR4 = $2300 (no ipod)

Or T1-B/RP1/ZR6/ 2-TS pro (touchscreen KPs) 2-basic KP's = $4220

Prodigy (touchscreen Remote) 4 zone DA with basic keypads = $2520, however you get a color touchscreen remote, Iphone/Touch control and tons of expandability.

Or, Prodigy PMC2/PTX3/PAMP/ 2-PTL4, 2-basic KPs, plus Ipod Dock = $3980
Plus you get all the benefits of Crestron Prodigy, iphone, xpanel and open architecture to integrate whatever you want.

The only real thing lacking on the PMC2 is 12v triggers and Sense ports, but for the price, nothing compares. IMO

I'm finding that a single PTL4 with basic keypads or even VC's combined with a great media room remote and the Iphone control can meet most budgets no problem and offer WAY more growth WITHOUT upgrading/replacing product, but instead just adding to.
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse