The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Friday September 18, 2009 at 16:07
little-infinity
Long Time Member
September 2009
Okay it seems like it's less the antenna and more the cable.

Was kinda bored today so I moved the digital converter box to another older, smaller set that we never use in the basement. The basement is facing our backyard so it's MUCH closer to the antenna. Not a direct connection. It goes through a 25ft RG6 cable, and probably a 2-3 feet RG-59 cable joiner before hitting the converter box.

What I got was impressive. I picked up almost EVERY canadian station at around 60-80%! And almost EVERY Buffalo station at 70-80%.

The exceptions were CIII which was dialing in at 33%, CTS at 40%, and WGRZ at 50%. ION still gone. FOX was at 40%. Nothing to really whine about.

The issue is the cable. But the coax cables in my house are buried within the walls of the house so I can't really do much to replace them.

Where should I go from here? Seems like the antenna is OK. Is the second 4 bay beside it going to cause interference? I'm not using it at all currently, but it's still mounted in the exact configuration of my old setup, just higher on the new tower.

I'm 99% sure it's the length of my cable (and possibly it's RG-59) to our main TV.
1% could be the 2nd 4-bay being unused and causing interference.

Thoughts/suggestions? Looks like I'm almost done though! ;D

Hosting Services by ipHouse