Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Wednesday September 16, 2009 at 22:08
dirtyballs
Long Time Member
March 2008
You'll love this.

After reading this post I swapped out the spacer in my bedroom with an MRFB-600 and set it up with my old T2-C (it got relegated to the bedroom after the T2CZ came to town). The setup works great as many others have posted. Except.... my girlfriend noticed that the light was turning on sporadically when no one was in the room. For a day or two I thought she must have forgotten to turn the light off. Then it started turning on all the time, especially around 6:00 AM. I would keep hitting the off button on the remote, and then 10 seconds later it would turn on again. This was solved by pulling the FASS.

So you would think, "that's a no brainer, your neighbor has a switch set to the same address." That could be the case, but seeing as how I live in ghetto East LA where the median household income is less than the value of my car, I would think it's unlikely. Just to make sure I changed the address a couple of times, confirming each time that it is not receiving the old commands, and the problem persists. Has anyone else come across another remote or source of RF that could trigger this? I suppose I could just swap the dimmer out for the old spacer, but what fun would that be?

Hosting Services by ipHouse