The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Wednesday September 16, 2009 at 15:35
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On September 16, 2009 at 02:58, 2nd rick said...
39, I am more than a little shocked that this was lost on you....
This is CI level 101 stuff.

It was the summer of 1993 when i was learning CI 101. Volume controls and in-wall IR receivers were considered cutting edge Distributed Audio and 16/2 lamp cord was what i was taught to use as the 'jumper' to the second speaker.

When i left that job and started working where i am now, 16/4 & 14/4 ProFlex from A^A@ is what we used for speakers and then a few years later 14/4 Liberty.

I have never had to spend a single moment thinking about or researching brown lamp cord as speaker cable and that's why it caught me off guard over at AVS and why i asked about it here. When i googled it i found a bunch of incomplete answers so i decided to post here... and got some more incomplete answers. Here we are on page 4 and if you dig thru all the posts you can come up with the complete answer.

As i pointed out earlier in this thread.. when you are used to dealing with parts and products that work as they should you can get lazy. I have never had to setup an integra receiver because Denon and Marantz work. I have no idea how to install a C4 system because Crestron works. I had no idea that 'zip cord' could not be ran inside walls because real speaker cable has been on my truck since 1995.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse