WUTV 29-1, 29-2 25-30%
CITS 36-1 25%
CIII 41-1 25%
CJMT 44-1 (69) 25-30% edit:now getting at 60-65%
WPXJ 51-1, 51-2, 51-3, 51-4 0%
CITY 57-1 25%
CFMT 64-1 (47) 20%
CKXT 66-1 20%

To say the least, I'm pleased and disappointed at the same time. What I DO get is alot more reliable than before, and so far I've experienced no dropouts, and/or signal level changes on any of these stations. Plus I'm getting all the channels I got before alongside with some new Canadian channels!

WNED and WKBW are no longer an issue. They are now rock-solid as ever. WGRZ is a little in the middle, lower than I expected, a little lower level than before and occasionally blocks out. No dropouts though. Most of the other US stations have improved their signal strengths and are generally so much more reliable. At least for now. A good sign was this morning before school it was dark and overcast and all these stations were still signed on with only marginal signal loss. CFTO is a little too low for my liking but has managed to stay at that level and not drop out.

However, I'm still disappointed at WUTV's reception. Been a little better. I know the southern direction of the antenna, but I've read reports that people north of me in Derry Road have been getting this reliably. Even a signal level of 40% is satisfying, but so far. either nothing or unwatchable blocks. Got this reliably for about a half-hour yesterday. Usually strays just in the 28-33% ground. Enough to display some picture, not enough for it to not be blocky and unwatchable.

And of course a good half of the Canadian networks are still missing. Most notably are OMNI, Radio-Canada, CITY, and SUN TV. ION is also still missing. Any tips on getting these? They are registering, but are too weak.

Right now I have a four-bay attached. About 25 feet high, same cables. I don't have a picture but it's about 1.5X the height of my prevois antenna. Pointed probably towards Hamburg NY. Unfortunately I couldn't manage the antenna ganging trick where I pointed the 2 4bays. It's just too high. I think at this stage a pre-amp might kill off the weaker stations rather than help me as most of the other channels are good. Should I just aim a little higher (say another foot or two?) or should I go for a pre-amp? It's rather difficult to get up there now and change much.

edit": About an hour from this post, 44-1 came rocketing up at around 65%, while WGRZ and CHCH dropped and is now hovering the cutoff mark of 33%. Luckily it hasn't dropped out. CFTO shot back to 70% while remaining stations remained pretty much the same. ION now registers with around 20% but nothing showing. (I checked by inputting 23-4) What's the deal? My guess is that I didn't properly fasten the antenna...

Last edited by little-infinity on September 14, 2009 16:59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse