Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday November 24, 2000 at 22:39
Peter
Historic Forum Post
I can't tell you how relived I am to have found this thread (from a Google search). I thought I was alone in finding the Pronto grindingly difficult to use. We usually watch TV at night, before going to sleep, and our array of devices is not large - we have a DVD, a VCR, a TiVo and a TV. That's it. And, as limited as it is, I find myself using the TiVo remote for everything but the DVD player.

I spent about three weeks designing my ccf, and while I can't call myself a programmer, I have written business applications in COBOL and dBase, so I have an idea of what an algorithm is. I was nothing but frustrated by what I consider to be the brain-damaged OS on this deal.

But the main thing is, I just find that I don't use it. It works fine, but it's a pain. I can't use it in the charger, because it's on my nightstand and I'd have to get out of bed to use it that way = that's not why one buys a remote. (By the way, does anyone else find that it slips off the stand awfully easily?) And if I take it into my hands to use it I find it awkwardly shaped, hard to see without the backlight, and very easy to make a mistake with. I may not have given up so fast if I had found this forum sooner after purchase, but my Pronto is going up on eBay.

Hosting Services by ipHouse