The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 203 made on Sunday October 29, 2006 at 18:03
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On October 28, 2006 at 18:12, mrailing said...
That it interesting about the 9600 and the Media PC, and
would be very interesting to have that and pull that information
from the server. Since I just got my 7500 (4 months ago)
and am around 80% done with development of the PCF on
it (guessing around 120 hours of works), I find it a hard
choice to move to the 9600. Plus it sounds like you coded
your own interface for the Access Database and to feed
that information through IIS to the remote. Are you planning
on packaging and releasing your VB stuff to others (of
course for a fee) for the 9600?

IIS is only used to serve up jacket picture images via http. The TSU9600 communicates directly with my media server using TCP/IP and the Escient control protocol.

No plans for any public release at the moment. The package right now requires use of MS Access to manipulate the DB that drives the player. As part of my media integration, I've been trying to get the functions to regenerate Escient tables as part of the program and not require use of Access. Right now, I'm in the process of retagging all my media to ensure it will also work when loaded up underneath my new DVDM-100.

I'm also in the same predicament as you as I spent several months getting my DVDLobby stuff that looks alot like Lowpros but also includes full-page bitmpa movie descriptions on my 7000. This stuff is pretty much useless on the 9600. As a result, I bought the new DVDM-100 and plan to use it instead for the 9600. Philips does plan to support the movie side of the Escient Protocol. I'd hope to see something in this area before March of next year.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse