The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 202 made on Saturday October 28, 2006 at 18:12
mrailing
Long Time Member
July 2002
That it interesting about the 9600 and the Media PC, and would be very interesting to have that and pull that information from the server. Since I just got my 7500 (4 months ago) and am around 80% done with development of the PCF on it (guessing around 120 hours of works), I find it a hard choice to move to the 9600. Plus it sounds like you coded your own interface for the Access Database and to feed that information through IIS to the remote. Are you planning on packaging and releasing your VB stuff to others (of course for a fee) for the 9600?

I have been manually setting up my DVD list similar to Lowpro, and it has been VERY time consuming and I have had to scrap much of my ideas do to wanting to get it done and it taking too long. I have an Access database with my entire collection, DVD covers, descriptions, key actors, movie rating (G, PG, etc), my personal rating (1-5), and a few other bits of information, and manually creating this information in the remote is extremely time consuming, which is where an automated program would be handy. If something was developed for the NG 7500 that could pull that information from a database, I would be willing to easily throw $100 your way for something like that, or possibly more. I pick up new movies almost every week, and just purchased my third Sony DVD changer.

Now if the 9600 handled it well between the HTPC and the remote, that might be enough incentive to upgrade, especially since a CD list might also be nice. I am willing to throw money towards that development as well provided I get a 9600.

Thanks for the update Lyndel, the information and help over the years has been much appreciated, and the 9600 is looking more and more interesting...

Hosting Services by ipHouse