The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Saturday August 12, 2006 at 18:51
John Nevets
Long Time Member
March 2003
Mind you, all these are just wild guesses here, but besides the ones I think Anthony is completely right on here are couple other possibilities.

2 defiantly looks like RS-232 to me, say to a box like the 6500 with Serial IR or RS232 hookups?

3 is a wave, but is it intentionally that boxy (maybe signifying a binary i.e. for remembering the binary state of a command say power), or (much more likely) it's just meant to represent a wave, say for IR frequency?

8 Really getting wild here, but could it something to do with the start and end commands that show up on the teaser's "macro" box just prior to your screen capture? Or could it be a way to edit the delay directly?

9 I can't see great, at first I almost did think it looked like an antenna (future models having Wifi, or bluetooth?) but on a second look it could be that state thing I was talking about with #3, It almost looks like a ? above a + and - sign. But that one I'm probably way off on.

10 is obviously the remote itself, but what does that represent? Got 2 guesses on that one as well. a) it could be a way to test the macro, through the remote, if it is hooked up (similar to the way you can test single IR codes from that screen) or b) it could be a way to make the remote perform some visualization while the command was going on, but not necessarily jump.

Id be curious to here others guesses as well. Not that I'll probably ever get to use this editor since I'm just a meager end user. I"m honestly not bitter since I probably will never hit that high end anyway, since I still use a 3000 I got the first month they came out.

Oh well,

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse