Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 75 made on Tuesday November 4, 2008 at 01:39
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005
rvaughn666,

You clearly have reading and comprehension skills that are quite lacking. Do you always make an uninformed purchase and then whine when you feel you've been robbed?

I urge you to check out the manufacturer's website. It's plain as day and in black and white. The URL is www.universalremote.com. Surely nothing cryptic about the URL or how to find it.

Here are some clues for you:

1. You are a consumer. Do you see the MX-980 listed under the consumer products section? No, it's listed under the professional section.

2. From the Overview section under the Professional products page: "All of the devices we advertise here in the Professional section of this website are designed to be programmed and installed by experienced custom installation professionals."

3. From the MX-980 product description page: "...it enables professional installers to more quickly and efficiently customize and automate sophisticated Home Theaters and whole house A/V systems"

and

"...using URC’s proprietary Complete Control Suite programming software, available online at the URC Control Room." Guess who has access to that? Not a consumer.

and

"...OpenArchitecture PC Editor provides professional installers...Using the MX-980, installers can..." Are you an installer? Nope.

and

"Warranty: 1 year parts & labor when purchased from an authorized dealer" You may be bummed about this depending upon where you purchased from.

Clear yet?

And please don't reply well I was walking through bestbuy, saw the product and they didn't tell me there was no software. Who's problem is that? It's between you and your place of purchase. Nothing to do with URC.

Hosting Services by ipHouse