The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 72 made on Monday November 3, 2008 at 09:32
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
On November 3, 2008 at 08:30, cwilliams114 said...
The only way you can get the software is to STEAL it
from one of thier dealers.

Just to be clear here: the above comment is incorrect, though I can understand how someone might come to think this is true.

Our software distribution policy leaves the availability of the software up to the dealer selling the remote. Our distribution system is designed to get the software into dealer's hands. If the dealer wants to the provide the software to their clients, that's the dealer's choice, not ours.

Thus:

I found a guy at one of the
highend places to give it to me, even though he is not
suppose to.

It's perfectly okay for your dealer to give you the software. In fact, if they sell you the remote without programming, we encourage them to do so. But, as is well known, we do not design Complete Control remotes to be programmed by the end-user—just like an air conditioner, a swimming pool chlorination system, or an automobile, our products are designed to be installed and set up by a dealer. This doesn't mean we think consumers can't do it—it means that there are choices we make in design and marketing that make the product better suited for professional installation.

So again, we encourage dealers who sell the remotes without programming to also provide the software to the customer to whom they sold the remote. And I encourage any consumer whose dealer believes otherwise to have the dealer contact URC for clarification on this matter.

Best regards,
Dale
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse