The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 129 made on Monday March 19, 2007 at 22:51
kharan5876
Long Time Member
March 2007
I went an purchased an MX-850 from a local Tweeter the other day. I got home and then discovered URC's wonderful policy. I went and called the salesman from tweeter to see if he could get me the updatable software. He had no idea about the policy and told me I should call URC tech support.
Anyway, this morning I called URC. After being sent back and forth between 4 people I finally got to one guy in tech support. First off, he was very rude. He basicly told me that customers can not get the updatable software at all, not even from authorized dealers. I had my web browser open looking at surfremote.com and told him that this website was selling the MX-850 and they were giving away the updatable software. He told me that was wrong and to give him the website and they would be shut down. I refused to give him the site name. After that things got ugly, I told him his policy was BS and he proceeded to hang up on me.
Anyway I returned the remote today, the guys are tweeter were very sympathetic and gave me a full refund.

I'm worried about what this URC guy said, according to him noone is allowed to have updatable software at all except installers. Would it be possible for URC to lock everyone out of updates in the future?

Hosting Services by ipHouse