Original thread:
Post 35 made on Sunday July 13, 2008 at 17:12
Evohome
April 2008
On July 13, 2008 at 11:54, bs15 said...
Your post says it all. I can't stand people who stand
on their soapbox and don't fully understand what they
are yelling about.

You're right, I have no idea. I have never had to sign or agree to NOT SELL products online. I haven't ever spent any of my own money traveling to Utah, or Texas, or Pennsylvania, to train and certify to be a Dealer of any high-end products.

You tried to be tight, and save a few bucks, and bought something online. I can understand that, especially if you aren't financially secure, and can't afford to buy the remote from the AUTHORIZED RETAILER. I would expect that anyone that would invest in a component like this would educate themselves in the warranty coverage and service procedures prior to making a purchase. That's the most intelligent method, to ensure that you are covered as a consumer.

I suggest you have one of one of your
more educated friends read your post and point out all
of the mis-statements contained therein.

Sorry, all my friends are more dumberer than I are.

I can't think of more ridiculous and unrelated analogies that
one could have used to try to support their rant.

Really? Which one of the two of us originally posted the analogy about buying a car and taking it in for service? Right, it WAS you... I thought so. I used that parallel to continue your example, so how does that make me stupid? If so, you must also be, by comparison, stupid.

I appreciate your tepid attempt at condemnation... Not really.

Regarding purchasing of electronics on line, re-read the
opening paragraph of "Bullish Data for 2007" appearing in the
2007 CE Pro buyer's guide supplement.

I dunno howda read...

Your position on expecting the consumer to continue to call
a retailer after two unreturned calls speaks volumes about your
business sense.

Really? Tell that to my bank accounts... Ever seen a custom CI that does NO advertising and still sells a couple million in two years time? Didn't think so. You stated that you called two retailers, with no returned calls. Call a third or fourth retailer. Don't be lazy, and if you are, don't complain when things don't work out for you.

You clearly were not the "A student" of your class, I
can only hope that few people rely on you to keep food
on the table.

No, I didn't graduate at the top of my class. See, to graduate in-class with honors, you needed to attend a full four years of high school. Based on the classes I took, such as AP Physics, Engineering Studies, and AP Calculus, I was actually able to graduate in just over three years, with more than the required credits. Because of the early graduation, I was not technically eligible for honors. I didn't mind though, as I was already in college at 17. One of my best friends graduated third in the class, and specialized in coed volleyball, weight lifting, and business math. It's all relative...

Actually, stupid, I do ok. I can afford to buy gas, put food on the table, take a trip to our place in Durango every year, go fishing every few months, blah blah blah... I'll send pictures if you want.

Think twice before trying to insult someone's intellect. You never know who you're talking to.

Again, buy products from AUTHORIZED sources, and you don't have anything to worry about. That's all I have to say, and I'll leave this post satisfied.
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse