The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 331 made on Thursday September 11, 2008 at 13:00
skodises
Lurking Member
August 2006
Just had the main TSU3000 in the family room go dead again, and will fix it again tonight. Just FYI, the updated needle-prick procedure is here: [Link: remotecentral.com] , and some nice pictures to illustrate it are here: [Link: remotecentral.com] .

This fix really is absolutely trivial to do, and works very well. This time I'll use some DeOxIt contact preserver on the area post-poking to help seal out any moisture and perhaps get a longer service life before the next (probably inevitable) failure. Didn't have any in stock last time...

I've now done this trick on all 3 of our Prontos, and on two others that I installed at a neighbor's place. This is the first one that has experienced a reoccurence of the dead-screen issue. However, as I posted here ( [Link: remotecentral.com] ) in 2006, I believe they *all* will fail or refail eventually. So, the pin prick fix lasted for me from Aug 2006 to Sep 2008 here in low-humidity Colorado: not too shabby!

I'm quite sure that that fix will work again at least one more time. But I'll have another cheap Ebay unit on the way as a backup, just the same...

Thanks to bongiornoa, PeraV, fransvdmb, jw2k_fr, and many others for discovering and documenting this fix!

Hosting Services by ipHouse