Post 28 made on Monday January 30, 2006 at 00:08
paulv
Founding Member
August 2001
ok rudolpht... here goes...

update the RF extender:
-----------------------------
1) unplug the extender power.
2) while pressing and holding down connect plug the extender into the PC with the usb cable... hold connect pressed down for 30 seconds.
3) go in the software ... support-> update firmware. (this took the firmware to v1.4 for me)
4) when all is done, just click on 'home' on the software, rather than continuing the flow.

update the fw on the remote:
-----------------------------------
1) take the batteries out of the remote and leave them out (tip: to get the cover off press the thumb-depression in before sliding the cover off).
2) press and hold the 'off' button and plug the usb cable in and connect to pc. After about 5 secs. you'll see the remote go into 'safe mode'. Release the off button.
3) in the software, go into support->update firmware. This fw upgrade took mine to 4.4.
4) when all is said and done, replace the batteries.

almost done:
----------------
1) update the rf-extender and remote as usual (but before you do the post-update 'connecting'...)
2) plug the rf extender into the USB port again
3) press 'add' on the remote to add the extender
4) hold the remote about 6 inches from the extender and press 'connect' on the extender for 1 second.

You should be good now.

The tech did suggest that if you're having problems connecting in the future, you can also simply remove the battery and replace it. (And this may also be required the first time after this upgrade).

Urchin: I mentioned your recurring disconnect problem... if it still happens after this fw upgrade... then they want you to call them 1-866-826-5722.

Hosting Services by ipHouse