The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Friday February 24, 2006 at 13:03
Thorz
Founding Member
April 2002
EDIT: I have been in contact with support, they are very helpful, I have never uses
so much time in a support call, 1 hour 42 minutes! But they have tried to help me
with several questions. I have got the answers that I wrote down in quotes:

I have the 895 and it appears to have the same charge issues. Unbelievable that after the mistake with the 880, the 895 is having the same problems. I would like to ask you all 2 things:

1. When your remote has been charging all the night and you take it off the cradle, does it show the 3 bars full on the battery icon? What happen with mine is: I put it to charge and it beeps 1 time, I can see the slideshow kicking in, I see the battery indicator go full (3 solid bars, no animation at all) and after a while the screen goes black. I let it be there and after a considerable amount of time when I take it off the cradle I can hear 2 beeps, but the battery icon shows only 2 bars, no 3!

The problem appears to be the battery, it should show the 3 solid bars when the
remote is charged. They were going to send me a new battery, but at the end I will
get a hole new remote because I get a button that is depressed, it works but it
doesn't have the click of the others. They asked me to test letting the battery
discharge to 1 and see if the charge process can bring it back to 2, if this doesn't
work it means that the problem is the cradle.

2. Does the remote charges while it is connected via USB to the PC (not on the cradle)? Mine shows the 3 full bars (no animation) when connected to the PC, but when I pull the USB cable off it returns to the 2 bars.

The remote doesn't charge when connected to the USB. It shows the 3 solid battery
bars but it doesn't charge.

Thanks for the help. I will be calling support and asking for this.

Last edited by Thorz on February 25, 2006 05:05.

Hosting Services by ipHouse