The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday December 13, 2002 at 21:08
bobli
Long Time Member
December 2002
I've just received the L107 update to the PVR721 and unfortunately the discrete power codes still don't work for this unit. Dish has still not responded to my email regarding adding these codes to this unit.

x_789:Each Dish receiver, with the exception of the Dishplayer (there may be one or two others), has the ability to send commands from a remote control using different addresses. The PVR721 can use any of 16 different addresses while the HD6000 can use any of 19 different addresses. The user can set each receiver to a different address if they wish. The primary reason for doing this is so that if you have more than one receiver, commands sent from a remote will not be accepted by both receivers unless this is what you want. You simply change the address for one of the receivers so both receivers use different addresses. You can then control each receiver independently where commands intended for one aren't accepted by the other.

You can check the address of your receiver and remote (they are set to the same address assuming your remote properly controls your receiver but they can be set to different addresses) by viewing the system information screen. You can see this by hitting the system information button on the front of your receiver (usually works even if your receiver is off)
or by going through your receiver's menus until you find the option for system information (usually this is menu item 6 followed by menu item 1). Once your on this screen look for the description remote address. Finally you can use the remote to change this address if you wish (let me know if you need instructions on how to do this)

Bob

Hosting Services by ipHouse