the PRO2 to act as a touchscreen, but how are
they doing the PC Control functions? If this is
also wireless, how do you determine which you
are controlling, the PRO2 or the PC? Also, FYI,
according to their website, setup on BOTH the
panel and the docking station is via USB...probably
due the fact that ViewSonic makes it and they
know legacy is going away!

Crestron still requires E-control to run on its Wi-Fi panel to perform control system funcitons and it does not permit program downloads so no viruses can enter the panel. It would then fall to the router to pass the appripriate packet to the correct Mac address, just like any other network device. E-control can run either from a browser or via an .exe file.

Previously, touch panel control of a computer requred a RGB hard wired connectioin and the serial mouse driver. Crestron, unlike AMX, does not support VNC although I suspose you might be able to use it on the new I/O Wi-Fi panel. I have one but I have not unboxed it nor begun to play with it. Hopefully, just after CEDIA.

And I both enjoyed and learned form your original response to Inpaqt. Also Integra has had serial control on its 600 dollar receivers and 400 DVD players for 2 years. It's about time that the other majors caught up.

edited for spelling.
Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse