Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Friday May 19, 2006 at 23:41
roddymcg
Loyal Member
September 2003
On 1148082433, rhm9 said...
Which of us besides Wesley Mullings is so altruistic and has enough time to singlehandedly fix this?

I didn't even catch your statement when I wrote mine.

One of the biggest challenges with this industry is that so many people can do or know about parts of what we do. One can hook up a DVD player, so why not full home audio distribution.

Cable and sat guys can get a signal to a TV, so why not a theater or home distribution. A sales guy can mentally or on paper put together 90% of a system, but can he make it work? The alarm guy can run wires for alarm, so why not everything else.

There is enough public information out there to hang many installers, which makes us all look bad. We have all come into a job where the client has been burned, and gives us little or no slack. How can you blame him?

What pecentage of installers actually go to the big shows (Cedia/Ehx...) and work on getting educated. I bet it is a very small percentage of us who take the time and energy to make ourselves better. I let the alarms guys do what they do on our projects. We sub out the Crestron programming, because I have not mastered programming enough to be able to hand a system off to a client and feel like they will get the best money can buy.

I have no idea what the answer is, that is why I popped off with the Wesley comment. He seems to think he knows the answer.
When good enough is not good enough.

Hosting Services by ipHouse