Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Friday May 16, 2008 at 02:04
jritch
Long Time Member
July 2003
Guys,

Dan has already said that Uno was clickerdips**t. I am sure that the one post that he got off will be his last.

To quote the unnamed, "this is surreal". I started out in this industry reading all that I could on this very forum (yes, I read more than I talked at that point...). Most of the things that I learned were from guys that eventually migrated to IP, as did I. The reason that I learned it from here was that this was the only place on the internet where a group of professionals in this industry congregated and interacted.

The development of IP was an ongoing process, up and down over many months until it reached a somewhat stable platform and began to really attract the guys from here as an ADDITIONAL resource. It still has some growing pains and some of the people over there support my learning to a far greater degree than I can thank them for. But, every time that there is an addition to the 'Is IP down' thread here it is because this is still a 'go-to' place where most of these great guys go to put their finger on what is happening on the street. However, most of the really important, industry specific, questions are asked over there and the guys that frequent here as well are the ones that are committed to helping people from the outside that have questions about our industry. I feel fortunate to count myself as a member of that forum, but remember that it is because of the basic info that I read here first.

Daniel is to be lauded with the moderation of a platform that has without question helped all of the people that have had outbursts here today. He is in the difficult position of having to decide which of the people that are throwing a fit have more of a case as to who is being the bigger a**hole. He is also in the position of having to decide between someone who actually supports (advertises on) his site and the people who benefit from it. He has been decidedly unselfish in that respect.

I regret some of the posts that I have made in these forums to antagonize a certain person whom I will not name. But, in my opinion he brought everything on himself and turned from his childish antics to real threats towards real people. When he began to publish personal info on public websites he crossed the line, and when he began threatening those people with physical harm he set himself up for actual legal problems.

The sum of the whole thing is that there are people who have sincere and passionate emotions about this industry and what it could be, and then we all get that twisted up with the 'relative' anonymity of the internet. Throw in one unstable individual that doesn't necessarily see the reasoning of the plurality and it becomes a volatile situation. Throw in another individual that has the sole purpose of antagonizing everyone (especially when everyone pretty much thinks that the two are 'one and the same') and you have an explosion.

I hope that Daniel and the other guys work their differences out. Daniel is as much a 'Pro' as any of the rest of us, even if his main focus is to provide us a place to congregate (and sometimes 'air out our differences'). There will always be a place for both forums, hopefully this one will make it's way back to being as helpful as it once was.

John

Hosting Services by ipHouse