Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Tuesday August 26, 2008 at 02:15
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Both Arguments

The client wants the URC-Lutron (inexpensive option) so we lost money on the lighting control.

Or...

The client agreed to lighting control because we were able to provide it within his budget.

From what i read in the article all this partnership will be good for is 1 room. It will be the DIY guys dream come true for sure but it will also be a cool feature for us to offer customers who are only doing 1 room. We make money on the lighting products, labor & installation. 1 more cool thing for the clients friends (potential client) to see when they come over.

Plasma prices came way down, we sell RTI for projects we would have sold Crestron for a few years ago and now we may use URC-Lutron lighting for projects that might have gotten Radio RA etc. We continue to make money anyway. 5 Years ago the company i worked for submitted bids and never got paid for the design. Now we get paid for the design upfront. 5 Years ago we bought GUI's for touchscreens from other people now we make our own. I dont buy the "were getting screwed" rhetoric. Everyone has to learn to adapt in this industry, bass fishing and anything else in life.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse