Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday November 7, 2000 at 08:19
Walt Mather
Historic Forum Post
I feel like an idiot here - cuz I must be pretty dense or missing something.

We talked about you testing a code from a remote we both had common access to and that I could confirm had some affect on my receiver. We determined we each had an RCA System Link, so I tried my SystemLink 4, which does work some functions, as I described. I don't have access to an RCU810 and don't know, for sure, if it will run my receiver. I suspect that it may indeed do pretty much the same as the System Link and other RCA remotes, (in which case, this becomes a real mystery) but I can't confirm it without one to try.

If you test your SystemLink against the 810 and it provides the same codes (which you say correspond to the 0054 code), then we know there's something weird with my receiver or something I'm not doing right with this 0054 code.

I again tried setting both 0054 & 0053 to both my "rcvr" and "aux" buttons on my C7. I then tried testing the 059, 067 & 187 advance codes (by tapping the setup button and inputting the code) and got nothing.

I'm sorry - you must be getting pretty tired of this whole thing.

What's the default code on the RCU810 for the tv button? With the code retreivel on my System Link remote I got 048.

I live in Vermont and there isn't any place local that sells an 810 or I'd get one to try.

What do you suggest at this point? I sure wish there was someone watching this thread that had an RCA RV3798 audio receiver and a OneForAll remote. They could easily pinpoint whether this problem is me or the receiver/remote combo.

Thanks again, Walt

Hosting Services by ipHouse