Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Thursday October 17, 2002 at 13:00
jamesgammel
Founding Member
March 2002
Chip,

Yes, I am reasonably sure, 99.999%. It seems that the discrete "off" is in that 0842 device code. With JP-1, you could create a device upgrade cloning ueic's new 0842 in KM. I suspect that to get all the functions working you'd want to go just one step farther by making a device combo code in KM; combining the 0135 and 0842. Jon, John, and a host of others could help you with making the combo. If Jon doesn't see this thread, you could ask him at JP-1 by directing a question directly to him, in the subject line: "Jon: Onkyo model xxx, what would be the best way?" It looks like there's an awful lot of functions on this receiver, I don't know that you could jam them all on the buttons available in just one device upgrade on one device key. You may want to split them up is some fashion comfortable for you; and set them up on 2 device buttons. Maybe sharing common buttons like volume.
That "standby" is apparantly like a normal vcr or tv "off", which is really a standby. That's to keep power going for the clocks, and the tube warm so it doesn't take so long to get a picture. Fully cutting power (i.e. pulling the plug) probably wipes out all your settings, and standby keeps them set. Many "offs" are really "standby", but Onkyo is honest enough to call a spade a spade.
With the complexity your receiver has, I really think your best solution would be JP-1. OK, it may take a while to get it all worked out, I'm sure you'll do like everyone else and make modifications because I don't think anyone is ever satisfied with their first attempts, we always seem to later come up with a "better" idea. Jp-1 would make it a lot easier and quicker to make those modifications, and allow for "experimenting" since you can always go back to a saved configuration in a matter of seconds. Try doing that manually; piles of scraps of paper and likely a good half-hour or more, and tired fingers;)
Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse