Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Thursday October 17, 2002 at 12:15
Palsgraff
Long Time Member
May 2002
Jim

Right. I know that and have assigened the amp_0135 to my Producer 8. Everything operates as indicated on the advanced code list available at hifi-remote.com. However, the power function is not a toggle. It operates like a Harman-Kardon receiver (which I also have). The supplied remote has a "power on" and "standby" button, the latter of which turns the receiver off (into standby mode, obviously). The 180 advance code for OFA in the 0135 device will duplicate the "power on" function, but nothing I have found will duplicate the "standby" function. This seemed odd to me because on the hifi-remote site they had "discreet codes" for the HK receivers, but nothing for ONKYO. Is ONKYO intentionally hiding the ball, or is it simply a matter that no one has stumbled on the correct code as yet?
I am sure if understood better the technical operation of these remote devices I would not ask what must seem to you to be very elemental questions. I would not do so if I had not surfed all of the available informations without a solution.
Again, it looks like the only solution would be a JP1, but I am not sure from what I have read in this thread that anyone has actually checked the power off code in amp_0842 to see if it works. Do you think I could be reasonably certain to find something that works if I went this route?

Chip

Hosting Services by ipHouse