Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday December 21, 2008 at 14:33
Cmonkey's
Long Time Member
November 2008
OK, here is my rant.

I am sick and tired of BOTH the democrats and the republicans bantering back and forth about all this. Bottom line is they are all politicians. The word politician itself stirs emotion in most people. We have all spouted our opinion about them. We still have a bipartisan government, Democrats and Republicans, to enable us to feel that we still have a "Choice". I fear that we may not freely have that choice any longer. The truth is if we were to pick who was running for a particlular party, most of us wouldnt choose any of those we had to choose from this go around. We all get caught up in arguing back and forth, "The liberals did this or the conservatives did that", instead of standing collectively as "One nation under God"!

Government leaders used to go into public service for the greater good. Now it is for power and influence. We the people used to vote according to the common good of the country as a whole, not our own selfish motivations. "What can this President do for me". Free this free that, I "DESERVE" to have that, not what is best for us all. We vote our desires not our obligations to our country and our generations to come.

We live in a society that agreeably has become selfish and greedy. From the homeowner with two BMW's and the 5,000 square foot home to the Wall Street mogul and all the executives drawing 7 figure salaries. Unfotunately if it werent for the selfish, greedy lifestyles of most, most of us wouldnt be in business. 60" plasmas, whole house audio and lighting controls are not necessities they are luxuries driven by ALL of our selfish desires.

Where does this all end? I'm not sure! We all have to make up our own opinions just as I have mine. I do know this. If we continue on the path we are on we are all doomed for failure. No country can survive when its very fabric is comprised of inward, selfish thinking and desires fed by two conflicted views of politics.

Benjamin Franklin warned of this very thing immortalized by John Dickenson's "Liberty Song".
"Then join in hand, brave Americans all—
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall!

Hosting Services by ipHouse