Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Thursday January 3, 2008 at 11:44
vbova27
July 2006
On January 3, 2008 at 09:06, Spyeguy said...
You're right and you have no reason to be mad at RTI.

I don't think anyone is "mad" at RTI. The fact remains that customers are knowledgable these days, know what they want, do their research through thier friends or associates who have systems in their homes, and know what is available on the market. Problem 2 - I am not a Crestron dealer, like RTI and want to remain loyal to their products and services. I think we all do otherwise we wouldnt be fustrated with the delay - and I think it's fair to call it a delay - when other companies I don't want to mention rolled out 2-way with little delay or glitch. Furthermore, there is definately a communication (or lack thereof) on the market cocerning what he said she said about availablity and timing. The truth is that I can't afford to devote resources to Crestron right now although I won't argue that it might be a wise investment, and even if I did by the time that was in full gear the XP8 might be a memory and hopefully a good one. What do I tell my customers who want feedback even simple feedback? I remember telling a customer in the spring of 07 to wait until 3rd or 4th quarter for RTI rather than buying into a ridiculosly expensive system he wanted from another dealer. I wasn't looking at my bottom line - I was trying to keep this guy (who was not rich by any stretch) to not get a system that was complete overkill for what his family needed. He recently called me and I had to tell him I had no estimate for when this processor was rolling out - let alone 2-way which will be another phase. Not good.

I agree that this subject is futile and should be put off until any real news comes out of this company.

Hosting Services by ipHouse