Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Wednesday January 2, 2008 at 07:34
vbova27
July 2006
On January 2, 2008 at 02:05, pilgram said...
I wish all manufacturers would hold back on shipping until
the product works!!!

Still, I have to thnk this is a huge disapoint for RTI. Not only are they late to the party with two way and or Zig, but they failed to get this out there in 2007. By the time this unit comes out, people get up to speed, then the new remote equipment and then 2-way, it is going to be 2009. I have customers now who need a more powerful system than what RTI has to offer. Some of the customers are not stupid, do their own research and are in these forums as well. There are a few other options in RTI's price range that offer 2-way/Zigbee communication and are moving quickly to the next phase. This is not meant to rush RTI in any way or imply that they are not moving fast enough. But I have to think that market share is important and it seems as though the product world is expanding , not shrinking, so if RTI is going to remain competitive and mantain market share this stuff has to be moved along or explained to the CI's better in regard to delays, problems and features. I want to stay loyal to this brand, but I need to stay loyal to my customers needs. If at least had an XP-8 in a showroom right before xmas I would have a much easier time convicing customers to hold off and wait, but I can't figure out when this stuff will surface. Plus, Superbowl time is a great time for at least my business, so not having any bearing on this hurts.

Hosting Services by ipHouse