The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 288 made on Monday March 30, 2020 at 18:58
bambam_101
Long Time Member
February 2008
On March 30, 2020 at 07:08, Hasbeen said...
So, you think a President of ANY free country is powerful enough to contain a virus that doesn't have a vaccine and cannot be contained?  They're Presidents, not super-heroes. 

Not sure exactly where I said that he was powerful enough to contain the virus. I am saying his inaction and ignorance has allowed it to spread much farther than if he actually listened to the information that was being presented to him. I mean, he had a "tremendous conversation" with China about the virus. He has the best intelligence advisors on the planet. The US has access to information and data that other countries can only dream of. He was presented facts about this epidemic well ahead of time and he completely ignored all of it so as he could get Wall Street back on track.

You Aussies couldn't contain a fire—that you could see.  We won't even talk about your struggle with mice.  So, I don't know if I'd have the same confidence you do right now.

Fires huh? Even you knew that was a stupid argument when you wrote it. Doesnt need a reply from me. Mice? No idea what you're talking about there. But I do completely understand you not having the same confidence as I do.

Here's an article from a Harvard Professor, who, in January was saying this virus CANNOT be contained.  By February, they printed his findings.

Again, never said it could be contained.

I also noticed that you didn't mention anything about the Presidents of Spain or Italy failing to contain the virus. The fatality rate in Italy is 10%, but not a peep out of you.  Looks like you just wanted to pile on a particular president. 

Those countries were affected very early on in the outbreak. They had very little information regarding the effects of this virus. Yep, they were completely caught off guard and are now paying the price. Your leader was given the information. Ahead of time. Repeatedly. So yep, happy to pile it on.

You sound almost gleeful that we may have 200k cases next week.  What does that say about you?

Again, not sure where I sounded gleeful. Not even sure you understood my post actually. I do remember stating that I was actually concerned. Not gleeful.

This is what I will tell you. When there is a vaccine, the US will almost certainly be delivering it to Australia.  And we'll do it happily.

You mean to tell me its not ready yet? I thought your leader said a "Tremendous Vaccine" was going to be released shortly? OR are you talking about chloroquine? Or are you talking about the fact that its "Just going to disappear one day, like a miracle"?

I'll pray for you and yours.

Cheers. Just read that your leader thinks he will have done a "Great Job" if his inaction on this pandemic only manages to kill 100,000 of you. Slightly different tune from a few weeks ago where it was "completely under control."

I'll pray harder for you and yours.

Hosting Services by ipHouse