Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Thursday March 12, 2020 at 16:18
osiris
Long Time Member
November 2004
On March 12, 2020 at 14:20, imt said...
Its 10x deadlier then the flu. Unlike the Flu, there is no vaccine and no therapeutics. Thus, nothing like Tamaflu, etc that can help alleviate symptoms and shorten its length and effects. It's Highly contagious. While if you are younger and have no health issues then maybe mild or might be asymptomatic. That is an issue cause you then maybe infecting others and elderly or those with health issues. Because it spreads easily and quickly, without slowing, it can overburden our resources if we don't get a handle on it. Especially for the elderly that will need hospitalization and respirators, for which there is not enough in the US.

This is an excellent summary. I think it’s a major contributing factor that a person can be infected and contagious for 4 to 5 days before showing any symptoms. This thing is going to spread, and spread to a lot of people.

My opinion on this has changed quite a bit since I’ve started doing some real research and hearing some real expert’s takes on things. A month ago I was in the “it’s basically just the flu“ camp, and now I understand why it’s much more serious than that.

Hosting Services by ipHouse