The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 69 made on Sunday December 9, 2018 at 09:32
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On December 8, 2018 at 22:08, davidcasemore said...
Okay - Got it.

Why don't you sketch something up that would:

- Look nice at the front entrance of a high-end home.

- Have a high-resolution HD camera that you cannot see.

- Is tamper-resistant.

- Has all of the bells and whistles that CIs need.

I'm not a product designer..but if designers asked me, this is what I'd say.

1.  It must fit vertically on one piece of siding.
2.  Camera lens needs to be unobtrusive.  At the most the size of the camera lens on a smartphone, even better the size of the front facing camera on a smartphone.

3.  Must come with a variety of different trim pieces that will match most home styles. Brushed Nickel, Stainless, black....blah blah blah.

4.  At the most it should be no more than the thickness of 2 smartphones.

5.  Smartphones don't have speaker holes on the front, so the doorbell doesn't need it either.  They could be on the bottom, sides, top.

6.  The doorbell could have a screen that's customizable when the doorbell is in a sleep state.  For Example...."welcome to the smith home" or "You're at 123 Main St."   Or another image that the homeowner might want to upload...For example a nice Christmas tree.

7. When you walk up to the front door, the camera recognizes movement, and the doorbell wakes.  Now you can see the push button for the Doorbell.

8. Now, after someone pushes the doorbell all of the screens in the home.  TV's, computer monitors, phones, etc. should receive a notification.  Maybe the visitor even has the ability to contact a specific person in the home rather than disturb everyone.

9. At the front door, the doorbell could be answered from an assistant, maybe Alexa (although I'm not a fan of Alexa).  So, when you're at the front door you'd hear something like ..."contacting the smiths".  or something friendlier than that, eliminating the moment when the visitor isn't certain the doorbell rang.

10. It should also have a small light at the bottom or top of it that can illuminate the doorbell at night, but also serve the purpose of illuminating the visitors face at night.  Just in case there aren't porch lights, if there are porch lights they should turn on when someone gets to the porch.

11. Maybe facial recognition, thumb print, or Alexa can unlock the door through the doorbell when the homeowner arrives with a handful of groceries and the doors are locked.

Now we've created a custom experience for our visitors that's welcoming and also provides security at the front door in an unobtrusive way.

Hosting Services by ipHouse