Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Saturday December 8, 2018 at 22:08
davidcasemore
January 2003
On December 8, 2018 at 20:05, Hasbeen said...
But that doesn't change the fact that the custom integration industry has decided that taking a piece of stainless steel, drilling some holes into it and mounting a  camera to the back is really sweet wizz bang bullshit and likewise should cost $1000 for 720p.  For a doorbell with a camera.

Okay - Got it.

Why don't you sketch something up that would:

- Look nice at the front entrance of a high-end home.

- Have a high-resolution HD camera that you cannot see.

- Is tamper-resistant.

- Has all of the bells and whistles that CIs need.

I understand you don't read all of my posts in this same thread, but I did mention the Channel Vision products. The camera is completely hidden and they come in several finishes.

[Link: channelvision.com]

I'm not sure how you can design something with a speaker and microphone that doesn't have some holes or slots of some sort for the sound to travel through.

The only option that I can see that would check all of your boxes would be:

1. A simple doorbell button

2. Hidden speakers, microphone and tiny CCTV camera mounted away from the doorbell button.

3. A central processor that all of these items would connect to and give you all of the features you would ever need.

This option exists right now. It's just not made by one manufacturer. Which means it's not a DYI project by any means.

I can understand not liking anything that's out there for the pro market. But I just don't know how anyone could possibly think that the Nest or Ring products look any better or are of a higher quality. Maybe you're not the one saying the Ring and Nest are okay looking. But it almost seems that you're asking for a regular little doorbell button that somehow has an invisible microphone, speaker and camera in it.
Fins: Still Slamming' His Trunk on pilgrim's Small Weenie - One Trunk at a Time!

Hosting Services by ipHouse