The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Thursday December 6, 2018 at 08:22
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On December 5, 2018 at 22:56, davidcasemore said...
Every one of these DIY-type things (as seen in CEPro!) seem like someone could just walk up to it, yank it off the wall, and install it at their own house! And if you live in a neighborhood where nobody would ever do that then you probably can get by with a plain old doorbell.

As "Custom" Integrators aren't we supposed to be installing Siedle, HaloVision, C4, Panasonic, Elan etc?

And if a client is willing to shell out $5 (or much more) per month then that RMR should be going into your business.

you see, the problem with "custom integration devices" they dont offer even a 10th of the features the mainstream devices do. I'll take C4s 1500-2500 door solution. The camera is garbage, the intercom anywhere BARELY works and it doesn't have alerts, zoning etc like even the most basic of DIY products does. even if you can get past all of that, they are ALL commercial ultra modern MDU looking devices. MOST homes in my area are traditional homes where a device like these "pro solutions" would NEVER fly.

My clients int the city that do have the C4 door station have been asking me for almost a year when features like alerts and intercom (well that came, kind of) Its always a fun conversation to have when someones $2500 DOORBELL doesnt do even the most basic things that their friends $220 doorbell does.

I dont think its a matter of security. I think its a matter of knowing when someone is at your door, especially when you are in the back yard, basement etc. I live in a nice neighborhood. It doesn't mean I dont want security and an idea when someone is at my door when im not around to answer.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse