The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday November 17, 2018 at 11:34
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 17, 2018 at 11:05, Archibald "Harry" Tuttle said...
Yea, the same F-ing moron who didn't ground his cable connection at the demarc.

The place where I tried the Unify AP recently changed from Time Warner to Spectrum which, on the face of it, looks like a distinction without a difference but the Time Warner DTA (little box that was used to replace a regular box that didn't have a DVR) doesn't work with Spectrum and the new Spectrum boxes don't work with the new channel lineup, so they're pushing the Spectrum app on Roku. They had a wired DTA, but the installer told them they HAD to use Roku. I effing disagree. The Spectrum app is buggy and it doesn't have numbered buttons, which makes it aggravating to easily go from one channel to the next or to return to the previous one- I tried it and stopped using it very quickly.

Spectrum's CS is trying to be equal to ATT and they're coming very close- I spent most of six hours of phone calls on hold last week and they still f&cked it up. I called to have them migrate a customer from T-W to Spectrum so they would get the 200Mbps speed and change from a DTA to a DVR and the "agent" responded to that short request with "OK, so you want to turn the phone off?". Over an hour to get someone to set it up for the replacement and more wasted time to get the effing thing to work. This was a week ago Thursday and the following Sunday night, I received a text at 5PM, telling me that cable wasn't working in the Den. That means Spectrum disabled the Den cable box, rather than the DTA and when I called, they told me that the phone had been turned off, too- they needed to fix that before they could address the cable issue. Another two hour phone call. They got it working (they said) and my customers could watch the Packers lose in living color. FF to the next evening, when I received another text, telling me that the phones didn't work. The next day, I wasted two more hours dealing with their BS.

I'm no longer going to make calls on other peoples' behalf. Screw it.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse