Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 44 made on Monday October 29, 2018 at 09:33
cma
August 2003
On October 27, 2018 at 20:58, thecapnredfish said...
I’m not big into social media. I would get in trouble. However you guys strike up some good conversations. This latest attack is very sad. I’m tired of hearing it’s because of guns. I don’t own one. Criminals, physcos, terrorist and assholes could care less about laws. They will just buy the gun off the street. Or find another means to harm.
Why is this happening at such an alarming rate? People becoming desensitized, population out of control, too diverse of a population, too much white trash, poorly run and embarrassing government, the media? Too often these people have been on the radar and let loose. Do we need better mental treatment? More life sentences? Death sentences? Shut down of social media that has everyone f’d up? End violent game sales? Should some people just disappear? Whatever we are doing is not working. Are we really doing anything? The media mentions grants are available for churches and such to bring in security. A hired security guard would be the first shot. How would the guard know a guys about to pull a gun?

Mental people along with a 24 hour media cycle that glorifies these shooters by releasing their names, photos and their life stories. Pretty much every mass shooter in their own words commits these heinous acts in order fo rthe world to finally know who they are.

"Assault rifles" still account for less than half of the mass shootings on record, the largest school shooting ever was committed with a handgun. Banning them just means the perps will move on to a different form of firearm, even a shooter with a lowly bolt action rifle could shoot dozens of people before being stopped.

In the end the media is just as culpable as anyone else and they are actually in a position to at the very least greatly reduce the numbers of shootings that occur simply by choosing not to release any names or images of the shooter. There is no societal benefit to releasing this info and by refraining from doing it they would be depriving the shooting of their primary motive.

Hosting Services by ipHouse