The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Wednesday July 18, 2018 at 11:58
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 18, 2018 at 10:59, SB Smarthomes said...
The metal vac pipe is also available in stainless steel, but when I spoke to the supplier some time ago they recommended against using any type of metal pipe for this application so looks like it will be some type of PVC.

In other words, what seems to us to be the best idea is shot down by the supplier. This might be used as a reference point for other ideas we have as to how to do this.

Small diameter smurf (1/2") is quite rigid and won't be crushed.

I think you're right about that, plus you say that won't be in the pour:
The vac pipe and low volt conduit won't be in the slab itself but will down below it in what is usually compacted sand.  I"ll probably go ahead and pull the wire through the conduit at rough in so it's already in place.

Dang Ernie, thanks for the lack of confidence...

This is not a lack of confidence. This is noting that several ideas have been shot down by others who should know; or others who do this for a living don't know how to do it; or (as it seems) the general contractor knows someone who says they can do it but he doesn't trust them to get it right.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse